Hello! As you know things are now moving fast with the COVID-19 outbreak and this is a quick update to let you know what support is available for all members of the community and to reassure you that you are not alone during this testing time:
- We have set up the Beer Action Group (BAG) to help coordinate our community response to the COVID-19 outbreak. Everyone is welcome to join!
- Every household in the village will have received a postcard by the end of today – 19th If you haven’t received one, please let Lee Reeve know on 07890 948262;
- Every household in every road across the village will be covered by a local community coordinator and their contact details will be available on the postcards as well as in a number of prominent places around the village;
- We are opening a Beer Emergency Hub in the old newsagents on Fore Street. A variety of services and initiatives will operate from the Hub and more will follow on this over the coming days and weeks. Opening hours will initially be 00-12.00;
- Everyone is welcome to volunteer in any way they can to help us all get through this situation. We all have different skills and abilities and so please get in touch with one of our coordinators if you can help or have ideas about things we can
Initiatives currently in development:
- Arrangements with our local shops are being finalised to help ensure continuity of supplies etc as well as to support to those who cannot leave the village to shop;
- Contacting local restaurants who might be offering home delivery services;
- Setting up a Tech Support Team to help us all improve our ability to Skype, FaceTime, make conference calls and so on. We might even have an online Beer TV station – just watch this space!
- Wendy Egerton will be starting a Beer Crafting Project which everyone is welcome to join. Projects for all abilities, young and old will be available online as well as support from our local crafting team. One of the first projects could be making “Beer Bags” and “Beer Bunting” so if you have any resources that might help let us know.
- Book lending service – a wide variety of novels will be available to loan…
More to follow in the coming days and weeks but we really hope you find this information useful and that it helps reassure you that help is at hand, no matter what.